1. Expose students to a real-world situation wherein they gain experience in the application of psychological principles through direct observation and participation in work in an applied psychological setting or related area
2. Facilitate the integration of knowledge gained from coursework in psychology with applied experience
3. Facilitate the development of new skills and knowledge related to the content area of the internship
4. Help students explore possible career paths in psychology and related fields
5. Help students learn to present themselves professionally in the workplace.