At the end of this course, the student will:
1. learn the characteristics of turbulent flow, concept of turbulent scales, and the physical consequences of unstable, transitional and turbulent flow.
2. learn energy cascade, Kolmogorov’s Universal Equilibrium Theory, turbulent transport of momentum, turbulent kinetic energy, grid turbulence, and the statistical description of turbulent flow.
3. learn to perform literature search.
4. learn how to characterize turbulent flow.
5. learn different flow measurement techniques.