At the end of the laboratory, the student
- Will be acquinted with parts of a complex electromechanical system controlled by computer-based digital hardware;
- Will be exposed to a sufficiently rich environment for control experimentation,
- Will have practiced and solidified the skills in modeling and approximating components of such systems,
- Will have analyzed and experimentally tested different controllers to reach a variety of control objectives;
- Will be able to deal with real-life issues of system modeling, controller design and tuning, such as the presence of A/D and D/A conversion, noise, nonlinearities and quantization.