On successful completion of the course, the students will have;
- developed their knowledge of both languages,
- gained some simple but practical tips on how to approach texts for translation,
- been able to translate texts of different length and sorts from Turkish to English,
- learnt how meaning can be phrased differently from Turkish,
- understood that literal translation may not work all the time,
- accepted that cultural knowledge is really a great help in the act of translating, and realized that translation is an on-going (life-long) process without any cut off point.