Successful students will have demonstrated the ability to
1. Develop, apply and interpret the results from the following general models through projects:
- Maximum (extraterrestrial) solar resources;
- Actual (terrestrial) solar resources;
- Energetic performance of parabolic trough collectors;
- Energetic performance of Solar Thermal Electric Power Plants.
2. Work through open-ended projects that include
- Programing models using a language such as MatLab;
- Using the programed models to run simulation and parametric studies;
- Communicating their work through written reports and oral presentations.