Course Learning Outcomes
- Use UNIX commands efficiently
- Be aware of different kind of operating systems and their relevance in educational environments
- Understand fundamental operating system abstractions such as processes, threads, files, etc.
- Understand how the operating systems abstractions can be used in the development of applications, or to build higher level abstractions
- Understand the principles of concurrency and synchronization
- Understand the basics of Memory, I/O, File, Devices, Processor and Process Management techniques