By the end of the course, students are expected:-
- to recognize the advancements in the fields of construction technologies that have strong relationship with the building materials technology and architectural detailing;
- to establish background on the types of construction systems where various key components (walls, floors and ceilings) come together as joints and/or interfaces and establish the structure from basement to roof;
- to distinguish the functional performances of various foundation, wall, slab, roof construction systems establishing the overall structure depending on the materials and construction techniques selected;
- to be familiar with the commonly used building materials, new/alternative ones and common problems of today’s construction field together with their possible solutions,
- to identify the fundamentals of construction detailing for essential and some typical building components and interfaces.