At the end of this course, the student will
- apply basic thermo fluid concepts used for modeling compressible and incompressible fluid flow through turbomachines,
- appreciate the methodology used to approximate complex physical phenomena for modeling and design purposes,
- be able to appreciate the importance of empirical approaches at the preliminary design phase,
- appreciate the importance of analytical thinking in the design process,
- understand the relationship between the measured performance parameters in the laboratory and the internal flow model of a turbomachine,
- appreciate that the one of the most important tasks of a design engineer is to improve the efficiency of machinery,
- understand the importance of using references in the solution of problems.