Having successfully completed the course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the natural drive mechanisms / fluid contacts by analyzing fluid pressure regimes, including water and gas coning problems.
- Estimate hydrocarbon reserves in place using deterministic and probabilistic approaches.
- Understand reservoir fluid flow in the porous media cosnidering steady state and unsteday conditions.
- Estimate future reservoir performance and analyze past reservoir behavior using material balance analysis and material-balance based prediction methods.
- Estimate future reservoir/well performance using decline curve analysis.
- estimate volume of water influx using steady, pseudo-steady and unsteady state methods.