By the end of this course, the students will be able to:
- Describe the essential wave hydrodynamics based on the small amplitude wave theory, generation and propagation of wind waves, nature of random waves and wave-structure interactions,
- Compute hydrodynamic forces on the coastal structures, determine the design wave characteristics,
- Design various types of coastal structures; breakwaters, berthing structures, quays, bollards and fenders,
- Analyze the results of preliminary studies and investigations and relate the results of these studies in their design applications.
- Function successfully as part of a 2-4 member team to study above given engineering design problems.