Upon successful completion of this course, a student will be able to:
- calculate and interpret point and interval estimators for basic statistics involving one or two populations;
- perform hypothesis tests to statistically prove or disprove claims involving one or more populations;
- describe and understand the association between categorical variables;
- perform variance analysis (ANOVA) to compare means between two or more groups;
- construct regression models to describe the relationship between variables and show the strength of the association using the correlation;
- use IBM SPSS program and Microsoft Office Excel to analyze data sets at elementary level;
- learn how to make quantitative data talk, disseminate and communicate empirical evidence to the scientific community and other target audiences such as policy makers, journals, social workers etc.