By the end of this course, the students will be able to:
- Differentiate between the various Portland Cement Concrete pavement systems.
- Compute pavement responses due to traffic and environmental loads using closed form solutions and finite element models
- Explain the underlying mechanisms associate with load and material related distresses.
- Design sustainable Portland Cement Concrete pavements to address the various distress mechanisms.
- Design sustainable airfield rigid pavement
- Function successfully as part of a 2-4 member design project team.