Course Learning Outcomes
- basic skills of academic enquiry and independent library research relevant to the subject;
- an ability to communicate in writing and orally, and to work independently;
- basic time-management and self-organisation skills.
- knowledge of the ideas of the key political thinkers covered on the course;
- knowledge of the recurring themes of political theory – human nature, the state, etc;
- some limited appreciation of the variation in methods of enquiry in political speculation.