At the end of this course, the student will:
- Learn basic information on database concepts, relational algebra and entity-relationship diagrams.
- Learn using SQL to construct a database from scratch and writing queries to retrieve data.
- Have the skill to find biological information from available databases, to process these data and to use available tools to visualize and to analyze the data.
- Have the skill to integrate data from multiple sources.
- Improve her/his writing and presentation skills.