At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the basics of database management systems
- Understand ER modeling components and apply them for database conceptual design.
- Understand Relational Algebra queries and develop relation algebra queries
- Understand Relational Calculus queries.
- Understand SQL queries and develop SQL queries
- Understand the basics of file organization of databases.
- Understand the indexing mechanism in databases.
- Understand the basic levels of normalization and apply them for database design improvement.