Upon completion of this course, the students will;
- identify the values, attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors that increase personal awareness.
- identify existing attitudes toward various minority groups such as race, ethnicity, age, sex, and mental and physical disabilities and explore the ways in which these attitudes influence interpersonal relationships, especially in educational settings.
- explain concepts fundamental to human relations such as self-esteem, self-concept, self-presentation, emotional intelligence, conflict resolution, and problem solving.
- analyze the ways human relations problems in education manifest themselves at the personal and social levels.
- demonstrate appropriate ways to relate to others and various subgroups.