At the end of this course, the students will
- become familiar with various sensors and transducers commonly used in mechatronic designs, and use many of them in the lab for better comprehension of their use in practice,
- become familiar with different (micro)controllers that can be used to integrate various sensors and actuators into a single mechatronic solution,
- become familiar with different actuators commonly used in mechatronic designs, and use some of them in the lab,
- learn about different ways of interpreting sensory information such as image and speech processing,
- become familiar with traditional and contemporary decision making and improve their programming skills.