The student will learn:
- To distinguish the differences between the theories or mechanisms of various rock penetration methods and equipments and be able to select and propose a method or an equipment for a certain project under investigation,
- To know the energy balance concept and understand the essentials for a successful blast design for a mining or contruction project,
- To interpret, evaluate, select and propose the best explosive materials and initiation devices for a certain project under investigation,
- To know the explosion control concept and distinguishes different controlled blasting techniques,
- To understand and evaluate the environmental impacts of both surface and underground blasting, and judge, analyze and propose controlled blasting techniques for a certain mining or construction project.