- Introduce the basic concepts of computer and communication networks. Provide introductory level of knowledge about how computer networks work.
- Supply concepts for LAN, especially Ethernet family Networks and Internet so that the students will be able to solve simple problems of their future networks without needing any help.
- Introduce the OSI layers and TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Introduce the devices required to build a Local Area Network.
- Describe networking signals and what can happen to them on physical media.
- Introduce design issues for physical and logical topologies.
- Introduce structured cabling for network installation. Provide classification of the various types of IP addresses.
- Introduce Upper Layer Protocols of the OSI Layers.