By the end of this course, students will be able to:
- apply institutional approaches to compare the first and second wave of globalization.
- apply macroeconomic and international trade theory to conceptualize the trends after the 1980s.
- utilize some important concepts such as globalization, neoliberalism, Washington Consensus, financialization to understand trends in developing countries after the 1980s.
- compare crises taking place especially in developing countries after the 1980s.
- interpret basic macroeconomic developments in the Turkish economy after the 1980s in reference to the global developments.