Participants successfully completing this course will
- understand the main purposes, concepts and analytical procedures associated with current language testing practice and main types of assessment procedures;
- understand the relationship between teaching and assessment;
- understand, interpret, and critically evaluate existing assessment methods and materials;
- comment on and contribute to the design of test instruments and assessment procedures used in current/future teaching contexts;
- be familiar with the current issues and problems in language assessment and language assessment research.