This course is intended for relatively new graduate students who require knowledge of and background in numerical methods. At the end of this course, the student will:
- understand the errors, source of error and its effect on any numerical computations, and also analyse the efficiency of any numerical algorithms;
- learn how to obtain numerical solution of nonlinear equations;
- learn how to approximate the functions using interpolating polynomials;
- learn how to numerically differentiate and integrate functions;
- learn to implement the numerical methods using MATLAB.