Students would be expected to achieve the following learning outcomes:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of energy changes and gain knowledge of atomic and molecular structure to predict chemical bonding and reactivity.
2. Explain the various types of chemical reaction
3. Predict structure and its importance in properties and chemical reactions.
4. List the various types of organic compounds and their derivatives.
5. Describe the reactions of organic compounds and their importance in our life.
7. Relate the structure of organic compounds to their biological importance.