As the result of successfully completing this course, you will:
- gain knowledge of the institution and its resources as well how best to utilize these resources;
- acquire an awareness and understanding of role of goal setting & motivation in learning, time & resource management and ways to improve these essential components of academic success;
- develop an understanding of the importance of making life-style choices that affect health and wellness for life;
- acquire accurate and current information about their field of study;
- build relationships with upper class students and academic staff in their respective fields of study;
- acquire an awareness and understanding of diversity;
- gain an understanding of the university adjustment process and the steps that can be taken to facilitate this adjustment process to insure an effective and successful transition to life as a university student.