Students will be able to:
1) Generate a variety of texts in writing. Personal, formal/informal, and academic;
2) Receive and give (oral/written) feedback on written documents;
3) Talk about and discuss nature of reading & writing; and thus metalanguage to talk about language;
4) Talk about form/meaning relationship when creating a written text;
5) Read to find facts and opinions in a reading text;
6) Read to interpret a text and thus relate it to their world;
7) Read to write and write to be read;
8) Become a part of a writers' & readers' community.
9) Experience both timed and process writing.