1. Solutions of boundary layer equations for laminar internal forced convection flows and using the results in heat transfer problems.
2. Solutions of boundary layer equations for laminar external free convection flows and using the results in heat transfer problems.
3. Ability to choose appropriate empirical correlations for laminar and turbulent free convection problems and to use them in heat transfer problems.
4. Ability to identify pool boiling regimes and to use correlations for nucleate and film pool boiling problems.
5. Ability to analyze laminar film condensation over a vertical plate and to use the results in problems.
6. Ability to choose an empirical correlation for film condensation and to use it in problems involving different geometries.
7. Knowledge of different types of heat exchangers in use.
8. Ability to calculate overall heat transfer coefficient, considering related thermal resistances.
9. Ability to make basic heat exchanger design analysis using LMTD method.
10. Ability to make basic heat exchanger performance analysis using ε-NTU method.
11. Knowledge of fundamental concepts of thermal radiation, with emphasis on its spectral behavior.
12. Ability to use blackbody radiation characteristics to represent an ideal surface.
13. Ability to use surface emission, absorption, reflection and transmission properties.
14. Ability to calculate view factors and to use relations between view factors.
15. Ability to calculate blackbody radiation exchange.
16. Ability to calculate radiation exchange between diffuse, gray surfaces in an enclosure.
17. Knowledge of diffusion coefficient and convective mass transfer coefficient concepts.
18. Ability to use diffusion and convection mass flux expressions in problems.
19. Ability to apply analogy between heat and mass transfer.
20. Ability to analyze mass transfer occurring at the water and atmospheric air interface.
21. Familiarity with temperature measuring and other instruments and to use them in experiments.
22. Ability to conduct the practical application of concepts and phenomena in the lectures.
23. Ability to present test results in a written report.