- Demonstrate an understanding of the origin of the Universe and our solar system
- Learn the basic principles of geology, structure of Earth and interior and exterior Earth processes
- Develop an understanding of the methods that geologists use to study Earth
- Learn how to define a mineral and recognize their unique physical properties.
- Distinguish between Igneous, Sedimentary and Metamorphic rocks, identify the processes involved in their formation and learn to define various rocks.
- Review and apply concepts of basic sciences to geology
- Develop the ability to interpret earth, processes and features
- Learn to make scientific observations and ask meaningful questions about the Earth
- Learn to use, both topographic and geologic maps recognize various landforms and describe their interrelation with geology.