At the end of this course, the student will
- be comfortable with basic mathematical language of functions, polynomials, exponentials, and logarithms;
- be able to solve simple problems involving probability and statistics from finance and business;
- understand the definitions of the derivative and integral and simple differential equations, especially as they apply to problems in finance;
- be able to apply simple computational techniques to find derivatives and integrals of basic functions;
- be able to use derivatives, integrals, and differential equations to solve basic problems from finance and business.