Having successfully completed this course, the student will be able to:
- Compute and analyze pipe flow problems in engineering
- Design pipeline systems for hydraulic transport of fluids
- Analyze pipe networks, determine pumping energy requirements
- Analyze open channel flows, channel transitions, and calculate free surface profiles
- Design open channels for uniform flow
- Perform experiments in pipe flow and open channel flow, collect, analyze, and interpret data to draw conclusions, and write a report.