As a result of this course, you should:
- Understand the ontologies and epistemologies driving interpretivistic research perspectives.
- Understand how these paradigmatic assumptions define the role of theory, impact research design, analysis and criteria for research excellence.
- Have a working knowledge of the major theoretical traditions within humanistic research.
- Know the major humanistic research methods within Science and Technology Studies research.
- Have some familiarity with the available Science and Technology Policies resources.
- Be able to apply the principles discussed in by carrying out a research project.