At the end of this course the students will
- Solve convection heat transfer problems with phase change,
- Perform thermal design and performance analysis of common types of heat exchangers,
- Understand the physical nature of thermal radiation and its interaction with matter,
- Be able to calculate radiation exchange between two or more surfaces,
- Identify, formulate and solve problems involving mass transfer through analogy to corresponding modes of heat transfer,
- Gain further hands-on experience in heat transfer experimentation through a number of laboratory tests.