On completion of the course students are expected to be able to demonstrate:
- Enhanced skills of academic enquiry and independent library research relevant to the subject.
- Enhanced ability to communicate in writing and orally, and to work independently.
- Enhanced time-management and self-organisation skills.
- An enhanced understanding of politics and political phenomena;
- An enhanced understanding of the causal factors involved in producing comparative similarities and differences.
- An ability to analyse localised and global events more systematically.