The objective of the course is to familiarize students with the strategies and ethical issues related to writing and presenting academic research. At the end of the course, the students will be able to:
1. define research: explain and apply research terms; describe the research process and the principle activities, skills and ethics associated with the research process,
2. conduct research: form hypotheses; describe the research questions for investigating hypotheses; design and conduct the experiments for the research questions,
3. analyze and assess results: analyze the data collected from an experiment, and draw conclusions,
4. identify ethical issues related to conducting research and writing academic text, and
5. determine a suitable outline and strategy for writing an academic text.