1. Understand basic operations such as addition, multiplication, up-sampling, down-sampling, and linear interpolation of sequences.
2. Understand linear convolution and correlation operations on 1-Dimensional and 2-Dimensional signals (images).
3. Perform some basic signal and image processing operations in Matlab.
4. Develop an understanding of Discrete-Time Fourier transform (DTFT) and Discrete Fourier transform (DFT).
5. Understand the Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) algorithm, and the reason for FFT.
6. Understand the Z-Transform, and the use of Z-Transform in digital filter design.
7. Develop and understanding of FIR filter design using the Z-Transform, and perform simulation for the designs in Matlab.
8. Develop and understanding of IIR filter design using the Z-Transform, and perform simulation for the designs in Matlab.