At the end of the course, successful students will have the ability to develop, apply and interpret the results from the following general models:
- Maximum (extraterrestrial) solar resources;
- Actual (terrestrial) solar resources;
- Energetic performance of parabolic trough collectors;
- Energetic performance of Solar Thermal Electric Power Plants.
More generally, the successful student will be able to
- Program these models using a language such as MatLab;
- Use the programed models to run simulation and parametric studies;
- Communicate their work through written reports and oral presentations.