Course Learning Outcomes
The students can :
- understand the main points of clear standard speech on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure etc.
- understand the main point of many radio or TV programmes on current affairs or topics of personal or professional interest when the delivery is relatively slow and clear.
- understand texts that consist mainly of high frequency everyday or job-related language.
- understand the description of events, feelings and wishes in personal letters.
- deal with most situations likely to arise whilist travelling in an area where the language is spoken. I can enter unprepared into conversation on topics that are familiar, of personal interest or pertinent to everyday life.
- connect phrases in a simple way in order to describe experiences and events, my dreams, hopes and ambitions.
- briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- narrate a story or relate the plot of a book or film and describe my reactions.
- write simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest
- write personal letters describing experiences and impressions.