By the end of the course, students are expected to have:
* Practiced and improved use of language structures, vocabulary and discourse markers in different reading texts;
* Practiced how to pay specific attention to the stages of the reading processes;
* Practiced skimming, scanning, close reading, and annotating texts.
* Practiced synthesizing information from various sources by quoting and paraphrasing it in a paragraph;
* Practiced reading to write paragraphs, summaries, and response papers;
* Practiced interpretation of various texts in their cultural contexts;
* Practiced problem solving in making meaning.