1) For a given linear adaptive estimation problemand its requirements, choose appropriate adaptation methods.
2) For a given linear adaptive estimation problem and its requirements, choose appropriate filter length.
3) For a given linear adaptive estimation problem, identify relevant signals, express adaptation and filtering operations.
4) Write adaptive filtering codes and compare the performances of adaptation methods.
5) Correctly choose or decide on the strategy about the step size parameter according to the nature of the problem and/or computational environment.
6) Propose ways to reduce computational load of algorithms.
7) Propose ways to improve numerical stability of algorithms.