- Provide students with the basic knowledge of structural nomenclature, geological events, structures, their main characteristics, origin, development history, and relationships.
- Develop Students ability of 3-D thinking.
- Teach students how the geological structures are recognized and systematically identified in both field and laboratory.
- Teach students how the structural data are collected, analyzed, interpreted and used in solution of some global and societal problems.
- Provide means to students to organize and combine information obtained from the field and other sources in suitable ways in writing technical reports.