After successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the basic concepts of open channel flow.
- Classify channel slopes and conditions for gradually varied flow.
- Use conservation laws of open channel flow.
- Execute the critical and uniform flow calculations.
- Infer the water surface profiles, label them and calculate the length of profiles using step and integration methods.
- Analyze the flow under gates and over weirs and spillways.
- Assess the key properties of a hydraulic jump.
- Design an open channel section for uniform flow conditions.