Course Learning Outcomes
- Be familiar with and able to discuss several different theoretical perspectives in the general field of psychopathology as well as the empirical support for these theories.
- Be able to apply these theoretical perspectives in reviewing each of the psychopathological conditions covered in the course.
- Be familiar with the DSM-5 classification of mental disorders and the criteria for diagnosing these disorders.
- Be able to apply the DSM-5 classification system in determining the appropriate diagnosis of clinical cases.
- Have a substantial foundation of knowledge about psychopathology to apply in formulating appropriate and effective intervention strategies to treat a broad spectrum of psychopathological conditions.