At the end of this course, the students should understand the following and be able to solve simple problems that involve these.
* Fundemantal dimensions and SI units. Dimensional analysis.
* Basic vector algebra.
* Kinematics for linear and angular motion.
* The concepts of force and torque, and their relationship to linear and angular motion.
* The concepts of work and energy and their relationship to other mechanical concepts.
* Conservation of energy, linear momentum and angular momentum.
* Analysis of the motion of a system of particles and separation of it into linear, rotational and internal motion.
* (Newtonian) gravitational force and the Kepler motion.
* Friction between two objects in contact, static and kinetic friction.
* Deformation of solids under stresses.
* Oscillation motion.
* Wave motion.
* Basics of fluid motion.