1. Incorporate the use of scientific notation and significant figures in problem solving.
2. Use chemical names, symbols and formulas of substances.
3. Identify different types of chemical reactions.
4. Use chemical equations in an accurate balanced form to represent reactions.
5. Use the gas laws to solve related problems.
6. Describe the arrangement of electrons in atomic orbitals.
7. Know the trends in the Periodic Table and deduce relevant information.
8. Distinguish between the different types of chemical bonding.
9. Predict the shape of molecules.
10. Apply problem solving skills and critical thinking in a chemical context.
11. Apply chemical principles to situations encountered in everyday life.