Student, who passed the course satisfactorily will be able to:
1. understand the main characteristics of turbulent flow.
2. distinguish laminar and turbulent flow.
3. understand the physical consequences of complex flows.
4. understand the turbulence using governing equations, Kolmogorov’s equations, and statistical description.
5. use different methods to characterize turbulent flow including Reynolds decomposition, triple decomposition, autocorrelation, crosscorrelation, power spectral density.
6. understand the working principles of different flow measurement techniques including hot wire anemometry, laser Doppler anemometry and particle image velocimetry and know how to use them.
7. extract information from scientific papers and perform proper literature search regarding complex flow related research areas.