By the end of the course, students will be expected to
- Develop their skills in handling basic laboratory equipment and glassware.
- Learn the types and the sources of errors in chemical analysis and apply statistical methods to evaluate random errors
- Correctly prepare standart solutions using appropriate standardization methods.
- Learn a broad range of modern and classic techniques that are useful in analytical chemistry.
- Develop the skills necessary to solve quantitative analysis problems on chemical reactions and equilibria involving acid/base neutralization, complex acid/base systems, complexation reactions, and electrochemistry.
- Understand the theoretical aspects aqueous solutions and chemical equilibria
- Understand the effect of electrolytes on chemical equilibria.