At the end of the course, students will
- Learn historical developments that lead to first the emergence and then the development of Political Sociology as a discipline.
- Learn theories of power in Political Sociology
- Learn various classical and current conceptualizations of the state, society and economy relations from Marxist, Pluralist, Elite Theory frameworks.
- Learn various theories on the concepts ideology, legitimacy and hegemony to esplain and understand obedience
- Learn the historically changing perceptions of civil society and transformations of the public sphere