Upon completion of the course, the students will be able to
- explain how environmental factors and organizational characteristics influence HRM.
- understand employee recruitment, selection, and separation.
- know about performance appraisals, workforce training, and career development.
- discuss systems of compensation, rewarding, and benefits.
- interpret employee and union relations in organizational governance.
- relate the established theories and practices of HRM to real life cases.
- criticize the established theories and practices of HRM.
- show improved teamwork skills developed through in-class group activities.