Course Learning Outcomes
- Students will gain basic knowledge of structural nomenclature, geological events, structures, their main characteristics, origin, development, history and relationship.
- Students will develop an ability of 3-D thinking.
- Students will learn how the geological structures are recognized and systematically identified in both field and laboratory.
- Students will learn how the structural data are collected, analyzed, interpreted and used in solution of some global and societal problems.
- They will be able to organize and combine information obtained from the field and other sources in suitable ways in writing technical reports.
- Students will gain basic knowledge of topographic maps, their common elements, solution of various common geological map problems involving basic geological structures and events, including their development history
- They will be able to develop a 3-D image from a 2-D map.
- Students will learn systematic thinking and the use of certain methods in solving problems related to geological maps.
- They will develop an understanding of geological events, related structures, their systematic analysis and interpretation of geological maps.
- Students will be aware of the importance of meeting deadlines.